LAST UPDATED FEBRUARY 25, 2019
At Expect the Moon, LLC DBA Lunar (“Lunar,” we,” “us”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website belunar.com or any website or application using our products and services (our “Services“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Although we use industry-standard encryption and security, you should not use our Services to store sensitive Personal Information associated with an individual person, such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, birth dates, medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information specifying the sex life of the individual (“Sensitive Information”).
If you are a visitor or user of a website that has linked to this policy, then this policy governs usage of information by us and by that website and you agree that “we,” as used in this policy, includes both Lunar and the website you are visiting.
This policy applies to information collected:
- On belunar.com.
- On any website or application using our Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website and our Services.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Through APIs and other electronic data exchange with the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lunar or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Services.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“Personal Information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and website usage details.
- Through websites using our Services, your name, email, address, payment information, company name, phone, IP address, and other data about the device being used.
- Data about the web pages within our Services that you visit, such as how and when you access your account, the browser you use, and your network connection.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically, as you navigate the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Directly from third parties.
- Directly from websites using our Services.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or one of our customers’ websites or communicating with us in any other manner. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing, posting, or requesting further services.
- If you will use the Services to process payments or sell goods through a website, you may be required to provide us your business address, business type, business ID number, date of birth, bank account information and government-issued identification numbers, and other relevant information. We use this information to provide transaction risk and fraud assessment, and to comply with Law.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- If you are a customer at a website using our Services, personal and financial information you provide when placing an order or accessing the website.
- Financial information when placing an order through our Services.
- Your search queries.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the website or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our website and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website and websites using our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We do not collect or store Sensitive Information. However, the information we collect automatically may include Personal Information that we maintain or associate with other Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website or to a business using our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Lunar, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Things We Don’t Do With Your Information
- Share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Sensitive Information to third-party companies.
- Use your Personal Information for a purpose other than the purpose for which you provided it to us, without allowing you to opt out.
- If you are a business using our Services, use Personal Information we collect from your customers through your website to independently contact or solicit your customers.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Services and information to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through our website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- To market our own products or third-party products.
- In any other way that we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lunar’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Lunar about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Master Services Agreement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lunar, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from Lunar. If you receive a promotional email from us, you can opt-out of future promotional emails by exercising the unsubscribe option that we provide in each promotional email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Lunar as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and financial account information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Security Measures. We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your Personal Information. Whether you are on our website or using our mobile services, we use reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards. We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard your information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we have established.
Email Security. “Phishing” is a common email scam where your email address is used to contact you and ask for Personal Information or Sensitive Information. Always be cautious when opening links or attachments from unsolicited third parties. Also know that we will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are ever asked for this information, you can be confident it is not from us.